In this article we have discussed the error Exchange Is Currently in Recovery Mode. We have given the manual and automated solution to fix this issue easily.
Summary: Read this Article to know how to fix “Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode”. We have given the reasons why the user has to face this error. We have resolved this query with the help of manual and expert solution.We Know that When Microsoft Outlook is the most prominent email client application. Outlook is connected to MS Exchange server which allows the user to work offline by creating the OST file.
The OST file is an Offline storage table file of Microsoft Outlook. The ability to work offline is useful when there is limited or unreliable internet connectivity. If there are any changes occur in the OST file in the offline mode, gets synchronized with the exchange server when the connection is established again. So both Microsoft Outlook and MS exchange server support each other in order to keep the communication smooth and reliable,
Due to the sensitive nature of Offline folders there are chances of OST file corruption. When the Exchange server and Offline folders are not in consistent state then the user has to face “Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode Error”. In this article, we are going to discuss possible reasons for this error. We will also discuss the manual and expert solution to resolve this Exchange is currently in recovery mode error. Before proceeding to the solution part lets discuss the reasons for this error.
Know The Reasons for Exchange Is Currently in Recovery Mode Error
1. In the case when the cached copy of mailbox in Outlook is different from than in the Microsoft Exchange server.
2. The user has to face this error because of Poor network connectivity between the client machine and the server machine.
3. In the case when client mailbox has migrated to the Exchange
server of a different version.
4. Some issues related to domain name systems and DNS server configuration settings.
Method To Fix Exchange Is Currently in Recovery Mode Problem
- By Disabling and Enabling of Cached Exchange Mode – To fix this issue the user has to disable the cached exchange mode and deleting all the OST files. After that, the user has to restart the MS Outlook and then enable the cached exchange mode.
1. First, the user has to launch the MS Outlook and then click on the Tools Menu.
2. Select Accounts settings option.
3. Choose the Mail account and then click the change option.
4. Now disable the cached exchange mode under MS exchange server.
5. Now the user has to delete the Offline storage table (OST file)
6. Click on the Mail tab and after that click the Profiles option,
7. Click on Delete.
8. Now the user has to create a new profile.
- Now the user has to create New Offline OST file
If the Microsoft Exchange server is changed, then the user has to create a new OST file. Because an existing OST file may not match with the exchange server properly. Follow the mentioned steps to create the new OST file.
Note: The MS Outlook must be closed while performing these all steps.
1. First, the user has to go to the Control Panel.
2. After that click on the Mail option.
3. Now choose Show profiles.
4. After the user has to click on “Add button to add the new profile”
5. Provide a name to the profile and click on “OK”.
Convenient and Efficient Method To Solve This Issue
The manual method to solve Exchange Is Currently in Recovery Mode problem is a lengthy and time-consuming process. In that case, the user can take the help of OST PST Convert software. With the help of this software, the user can easily convert the offline Exchange OST file to PST format. In the case of MS exchange failure or components are facing server synchronization problem then the user this software in order to convert inaccessible offline OST files to PST file format.
Follow the mentioned steps to convert Exchange Offline OST to PST file
1. Download and install the OST to PST software.
2. Now click on Add file to add the file in the software.
3. Browse the OST file in the software.
4. Click on the Export button to export the data in PST file format.
5. Browse the location to Save the data.
6. Click on start button to migrate the data in PST file format.
Many times the user has to face Exchange is Currently in Recovery Mode error. The user will not be able to access the OST file items. So in the above article, we have discussed the reasons behind this error. We have also discussed the solution with the help of manual as well as the automated solution.